Permanent Makeup Aftercare
• Avoid drinking coffee, taking ibuprofen, aspirin (unless medically advised) and alcohol
the night before your treatment.
• Avoid the gym, sauna, jacuzzi or swimming pool for 24 hours. Any waxing, tinting or
eyelash perming should be done 48 hours prior to your treatment.
• The week prior to your appointment please apply your Balm or a moisturiser to the
area on a daily basis to hydrate the skin.
• For brows: please wax/thread/pluck any stray hairs away before your appointment.
• For eyeliner: eyelash extensions must be removed at least three weeks before. If you wear contact lenses please wear just your glasses to your appointment.
Do not use any growth serums for a minimum of 12 weeks prior to your appointment.
• For lips: if you are prone to cold sores it is likely you will have an outbreak. We strongly
recommend taking Antiviral tablets 5 days before and 5 days after your treatment. Please exfoliate and moisturise your lips for 5 days leading up to your appointment. You can use a gentle salt/sugar scrub for this and lip balm. Increase your water intake.
• Ensure you have been patch tested at least 48 hours prior and have completed your online forms.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR TREATMENT
• You must be in good health and not pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Any medical conditions should have been discussed at time of booking.
• Please eat before your treatment to help with blood sugar levels.
• Remember, we do not pre numb the area, if you wish to apply this yourself you have the option available, but please read the enclosed leaflet and follow the instructions.
• Ensure you allow plenty of time for your appointment including travel and parking.
• Aftercare is key to the healing of your permanent makeup and must be strictly followed.
If you pick at them you will loose colour and will be liable to pay for additional
retouches. (Yes we can tell!!)
• You may notice whiteness or blanching around the area, this is normal and will subside
within a few hours.
• You may get some swelling, this is normal and should subside within 2 days.
• In some cases there may be slight bruising. This should last no longer than 1 week.
• Remember your colour will be darker and more prominent for 5-7 days on average.
• Avoid any sauna/swimming/heavy exercise until the area has completely healed.
• For the first 6 hours post treatment, keep the area completely clean and dry. Do not
Avoid any bathing areas for prolonged periods of time such as taking baths or hot showers whilst the skin is still in its early healing stages with the flaking process.
• EYEBROWS: After the first 6 hours, gently wipe the area clean. Pat dry and apply a small layer of your Balm with a clean cotton bud. Repeat 2 times a day for the first 3 days. Day 4-21 continue to apply your Balm for best results.
• EYELINER: You can apply a cold compress if needed to alleviate swelling and soothe the area. Avoid touching the area with fingers, keep the area clean. Do not apply eye makeup until the area has completely healed.
• LIPS: You can apply a cold compress if needed to alleviate swelling and soothe the area. Clean away any fluid from settling on the lips, this is very important to have the best healing period. You can apply your Balm immediately post procedure, throughout the day as needed. Do not over use any aftercare balm, all products work well by using a thin area, these products spread very well and a little goes a long way. Apply before eating and drinking. Avoid any makeup until the are has fully healed.
DO NOT PICK OR PULL AT THE AREA – IT CAN RESULT IN INFECTION OR PIGMENT LOSS.
• As soon as your procedure is finished your body will start to heal. The skin will close
and you may see a thin scab which will protect the area whilst the skin heals. After a few days the scab will start to come away revealing the pigment. You will initially see a lighter hue of implanted colour. This will change and settle over the next 4-6 weeks. In some cases a true healed colour can not be seen for unto 3 months.
Please note THIS IS A TWO STAGE PROCEDURE unless otherwise stated and agreed.
Your complimentary second visit should follow within 4-8 weeks. Any treatments after this time will be charged as a colour boost.More info please click to email